Tuesday 8 September 2015

Why I love my job :)

It has been such a fantastic week !!!! 

Two amazing stories have made the week easier to get through and the last stretch of 2015 achievable ! 

1. Patient X came to see us after receiving chemotherapy . Before being diagnosed he was walking 7km and cycling 15km. After chemo he couldn't walk one block without getting short of breath. He came to see me to get stronger and try and get back to where he was. 
This week, after a mere 2 months of Biokinetics, we discharged him as he was now able to do his 7km comfortably ! What an awesome achievement for him and what a satisfying feeling for me ! 

2. Patient Y suffers with fibromyalgia and has some really good days and some really bad days. She complained to me that if she gets down on her haunches to collect something off of the floor she cannot get up again and has to shuffle to the closest item of furniture to haul herself up. 
This week she said to me : "By the way, I can stand up off of the floor ! It's not easy, but I can do it !
Yay, yay, yay !!! 
It's the simple things in life that we can do that we take for granted until we can't do them anymore :( 

The satisfaction of helping my patients achieve their goals, whether big or small is immeasurable. It's stories like these that get me out of bed when it's too cold or I feel like a lay in.

To you, my fighters, who wake up each day and soldier on I say bravo ! And I say thank you, thank you for allowing me to help you achieve what you thought impossible ! 

Contact us today to see how we can help make a difference in your life !
Mumtaz - 0824481890/ biomcg@gmail.com  


No comments:

Post a Comment