Thursday 2 April 2015

Are you strong enough?

On Sunday 29 March 2015, 1800 athletes braced themselves and headed off to the start line to compete in the Standard Bank Ironman.

The race includes a 3.86km swim, 180.25km bicycle ride and a 42.4km run!! Impossible? Not for those amazing athletes that completed on sunday ! With the winner, Frederik VAN LIERDE completing it in just 08:16:34!!! Even more remarkable, the womens winner Jodie Swallow came in, in a time of 09:26:56












My fascination with the human body is what led me to my career path. How far can we actually push ourselves? For me, Ironman is a clear indication of just how far that is. No doubt the race is gruelling and taxing on the body, but with the right training, nutrition and lifestyle, it CAN be achieved! The body is remarkable and when put to the test it sure does perform!

My lifelong dream has been to complete the 94.7 cycle challenge - which I have, twice now! And then the Ironman adverts appeared on TV...NEVER STOP MOVING FORWARD! so I have registered for my first, mini triathlon and with perseverance I know I shall conquer... !! 







No comments:

Post a Comment